You can call Google customer support at 650-253-0000. The number leads to an operator service called “the Googleplex” that is based at Google’s headquarters in Mountain View, California.
Calling the number will take you to an automated menu that will take you to a series of other menus. Most of the time, the end result of your call will be a recorded voice telling you which webpage to visit to try to resolve your issue. In some instances, you may be connected to a human customer service representative.
The Googleplex service has its working hours listed as Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm PST. If you call outside those hours, you’ll simply be directed through menus by a recorded voice and won’t be able to reach a human representative.
Important: Don’t call other “Google” help numbers that you find online; any numbers other than the one listed above are likely scams. A previous customer service number from Google, 855-836-1987, is no longer operational and now takes you to a recorded message that is an obvious scam, for instance.
How to get help from Google Support online
With most issues you encounter in the course of using Google, be it a problem with your Gmail, your Google Chrome browser, or Google Maps, other people have likely encountered and documented the same issues a dozen times over.
Google staffers write tutorials on dealing with common issues, and there are also user forums addressing myriad problems. Here’s how to find the former.
1. Log into your Google account, then go to support.google.com.
2. You will see a search bar into which you can type your issue above nine icons displayed in the middle of the screen.
3. If you have a problem with one of these specific products, like Google Chrome or YouTube, click the icon. If not, briefly describe your issue in the search bar. (And note that you can click the little blue arrow under the nine icons to see dozens of other more specific icons.)
4. The page following each icon will list out many of the more common issues users experience, so look for your problem there.
How to use Google Community help forums
If you can’t find the help you need from Google’s posted content, consider sifting through or asking its forums.
1. On the support.google.com page, select the icon of the Google product or service at issue and click it.
2. On the next page, near the top left of the screen, click the word Community.
2. There will be multiple categories with many answered questions displayed on the Community page; browse through for answers, or type a question into the search bar auto filled with Describe your issue in the center of the page.
3. In the box at the bottom of the Featured posts section on the Community page, you can click the blue words Ask now to pose a question to the community.